Sleep...to those of you who have been pregnant you will know what this blog entry is about. To those of you who are able to enjoy 7 or even 8 hours of precious, uninterrupted sleep...I envy you this morning.
For the past few weeks, I have been waking up every day at about 3am or 4am, only to toss and turn for 2 or 3 hours. Eventually, I fall back to sleep and within about 40 minutes, the angry alarm is going off beside my head. I definitely feel like Cinderella when the bell chimes - "Oh that clock! Killjoy! Get up, Get up I say!"
Killjoy - certainly! At this point, I am just exhausted. I know that it means that the pregnancy is going well, and I am very thankful for that as the little symptoms are keeping me sane and calm, but holy heck I want to sleep through the night.
Last night, I even tried sleeping with a pillow in between my legs. The only issue with that, is that I don't usually sleep that way and it felt odd to me, therefore couldn't fall asleep.
So this evening after work, I am going on a mission. I am going to find a pregnancy pillow if it is the last thing that I can accomplish with my day. I may even get some new headphones for my iPod so that I can listen to some relaxing music that will put me to sleep. Anything that will help at this point, I am willing to try!
On my mission tonight, I hope to find this:
How heavenly must sleep be....elusive, sweet sleep...

No comments:
Post a Comment