Sunday, November 15, 2009

Getting Ready for Christmas

Now that we're starting to tell family and friends about Bug's arrival, I've found that I'm going a little crazy looking for things to celebrate our last Christmas as a couple, and our first Christmas pregnant.

This year, we will have "Mommy" and "Daddy" stockings on our fireplace and there will be a blank one there as well, for Bug next year. We've decided to only exchange stockings this year, since buying the house and expecting a baby is pretty financially taxing.

I'm excited to continue an old family tradition this year. My Mom would buy us, or make us, a new special ornament every year to add to our collection and make our family tree extra special. C and I continued that tradition when we moved in together 4 years ago. Last year, our ornament came from Malta, and is a beautiful glass angel.

This year, I couldn't find anything better than this to show what we are so excitedly expecting next year

This week is a really special one - we're off to Woodstock on Saturday for the Santa Claus Parade with GodMomma, her boyfriend J (and a long time friend of mine) and her son, T. I am so excited about sharing our news with T and know that he is going to flip out once he knows that we're having a baby. He's just about 7 years old (my my, where did the time go!) and has been asking us for the past year when we are going to have a baby.

We also get to share the news with our friends T, R and their little girl O. They also hold a special place in our hearts, and will be very excited.

It's funny how less stressed I feel lately now that people are slowly finding out. It almost feels silly to conceal it once people know - like a secret that really doesn't need to be kept.

No comments: