I did it without even realizing. This weekend was so crazy for us - we got the keys to our new digs on Friday, C was at the local OHL game on Friday night, and all of a sudden...it was Saturday morning!
There was a flurry of activity at the Szem household as we both excitedly got changed and rushed for a quick McDonald's breakfast (not the healthiest, but it stayed down so that makes me happy!), then drove over to our new house. Even with the silly Toronto Maple Leafs key, our spirits could not have been brighter than on Saturday.
Opening up that door just felt...magical. This is the house that we will raise our family in...I could see them running up and down the stairs, peeking over the railing to look into the kitchen when I'm making pancakes on Sunday, and as soon as I stepped into what will become the nursery...I just about lost it.
So, what did I do without thinking? I forgot to take my morning and afternoon Diclectin pills...and was absolutely fine on Saturday! I did the same yesterday, and was fine all over again! Looks like my tummy is starting to agree that the 1st trimester is behind us! Aside from the little indigestion explosions, I think being pregnant is pretty fantastic!
As we get ready to enter the 2nd trimester this week, I am excitedly getting a little belly and feel very blessed to have the family, the home, and friends that have been so incredibly supportive to us through this journey. Lord knows, it hasn't been easy to get to 12wk1day, but it has been pretty spectacular and I would do it all over again to know that we will be welcoming a baby in just 6(ish) months.
Notable developments this week are pretty amazing ones. Bug will develop its vocal chords this week, and C said that he hopes that the baby gets them and the talent for music from Mommy's side. By midweek, Bug will be about the size of a large peach and their proportions are less alien. Their head will be about 1/3 the size of its body! Hopefully, Bug gets Daddy's brain and knack for numbers!
1 comment:
Aww hun! I got chills from this post and I started to cry. I am so incredibly happy for you for many reasons. Your beautiful new home, the fact that m/s is getting better, and that you are nearly in your 2nd tri! I'm still so happy for you :)
Post a Comment