Thursday, November 12, 2009

Oops!

Well so much for keeping it a secret!

I got a text from C yesterday at work saying that one of his good friends stopped by to take him out for lunch (both are bankers so they had Remembrance Day off yesterday) and sat on the couch. He looked at the coffee table and saw the ultrasound pictures! Oops! Looks like the cat is slowly coming out of the bag!

Today I will be telling my co-workers. I brought in the ultrasound picture so that I can put it up in my office, and plan on taking it around to tell everyone. The few that already know, who have been incredibly suspicious due to how sick I've been (which has continued a few days this week, but so far today I'm doing allright!), have been really excited and very supportive.

It will be nice to let people know, and it will be a huge weight off my shoulders!

Now that we are entering our 11th week, here are some interesting development facts! Bug has grown to about 1.5 inches and is working on getting to the size of a lime. As we saw in the ultrasound, the arms and legs are clearly defined and fingers and toes are no longer webbed. The head is still fairly large, and the skin is transparent - you could probably see all of the tiny little intricate blood vessels! Hair follicles and nail beds are forming soon as well - and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for dark brown, curly hair!

We love you Bug - thanks for sticking with us!

No comments: