*yawn* Saturday morning was certainly an early one as I trucked down to Woodstock to watch T play goalie for the first time ever.
The alarm sounded at 6am and I finally rolled my butt out of bed at around 6:20, got ready and hit the dusty trail to make it to Woodstock by 7:45. It got me thinking...am I really cut out to be the mom of a little boy?!
T did very well, even though his team didn't "win" and he came off the ice rather frustrated that he wasn't able to stop every goal. His Grandma, Grandpa, Godmama's boyfriend and I all reminded him that practice makes perfect...but he quickly said that he'd rather score the goals than stop them. He's such a cutie.
The early morning definitely got me rethinking this whole hockey mom thing. I mean, yes absolutely I would love for him to play hockey and whatnot...but maybe that will be a bonding activity for Daddy! Haha...I really enjoy my sleeping in - even if it's only for an extra 20 minutes! Maybe Daddy can take him to hockey, and I can prepare a special breakfast for when the boys come home!
Thank goodness we still have 6 years until we get to that point! I know C would love for him to get involved with golf, and that he has aspirations of Bug making it to the NFL as a kicker (so that he's least likely to get hurt of course). I mentioned that I'd like him to take drumming lessons, and C isn't so sure about all of the noise that will create!
Plus, he says that guitarists are the ones that get all the chicks! Oh the hopes and dreams we have for our kids!
2 comments:
If you raise him right, which I'm sure you will, you'll probably also discover that Bug has his own ideas of what he likes & doesn't like. Earlier in his young life we enrolled Andrew in soccer, baseball, skating & swimming (all things Dylan and I did & loved as kids) and he didn't like any of them. Turns out his thing is karate! He has, however, gravitated toward the drums, much to Dylan's delight and Ella has shown an early love of the piano.
That's so interesting and totally true. H enrolled Ty in soccer for a few years and after this past season, he said it was time to move on.
I'm hoping that Bug likes hockey, even though the early morning's will certainly do me in!
Drums...piano...sax even! Anything musical that they show interest in will certainly be a blessing!
Post a Comment