Monday, January 18, 2010

www.icantstopbuyingbabystuff.com

As I'm sure it is for most new Mom's and Mom-to-be's, I just can't seem to resist baby gear! Be it pj's for me with elephants on them because they will match with the nursery or lullaby CD's or whatever other interesting and trendy gear I find at Babies R' Us. Really...did I need pj's that would match the nursery...of course! C on the other hand....doesn't seem to think so!

I sent him a text message a couple of weeks ago when I was excited about the Beatles lullaby's and all he responded with was www.icantstopbuyingbabystuff.com It just made me giggle because it's so true! Every time I see a book, for example, that my parents used to read to me when I was little or anything Montreal Canadiens...I just have to pick it up! Of course we'll need all of those things in the future!!

C's friends were over, as per usual, to watch football yesterday and told me that they were reading one of our books and remembering their childhoods. I thought it was really cute, and told them that anytime they want to give the baby a gift, please please give books! There will be no shortage of books at the Szem household, and they will always be welcome, and displayed proudly on the top of Bug's dresser.

The story of choice yesterday?



We've yet to read it to Bug, as we were concentrating on Curious George, but perhaps it will be the story for this evening.

For now, my mind is set on getting the call from our doctor's office with the results of our ultrasound on Friday. I called them this morning and let them know that we would like to know, and at C's request, I'll let that return call go to voicemail so that we can hear the results together. It's been nearly 2.5 hours since I called...and the anticipation is mounting!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh that used to be one of my favourite books as a kid! I totally forgot about that. Paper Bag Princess and I Love You Forever are the other favs.

Shan said...

It sort of went with the whole wintery/hockey theme that I had planned out with "Z is for Zamboni" and "The Hockey Sweater"....which totally backfired when we found out that we were expecting..instead I just cried and cried, and screamed "I'm pregnant!"