Thursday, February 11, 2010

Into Week 24...

already?! Holy mama! 24 weeks translates into 5.5 months...that's a little insane to me! Every time I think I have it all "figured out", a new symptom creeps up! Lately, it's been nothing but kicks and jabs from this little one...who surely is going to be some sort of karate star!

This week has been a busy one for both C and I. He finished up the almond cream, we taped the stripes off and he painted the chocolate brown one yesterday while I was at work. One more coat of it and it should be perfect! When I got home from the bakery last night, and after we had some dinner, I painted the turquoise stripes. I'm very excited to get home today and take all of the tape down!! It's going to look fantastic!

In terms of Bug's development, he's about one foot in length now and is getting really strong! He even put on a show for one of my coworkers yesterday, who stared in awe at the little pokes and rolls we were able to see from the outside. He's definitely getting into a pattern where he will be active first thing in the morning, around noon, and from about 7pm-10pm. It seems as though whenever there is music playing, or whenever C or I are talking to him, he's wiggling and jumping up a storm! He must be excited to meet us, and he certainly is his Poppa's grandson with his love of music already developed.

His respiratory system is starting to develop more these days, and right now he'll be putting on weight at the rate of about an ounce a week. Thankfully that means that his skin will start becoming less and less translucent, and that those kicks and punches will have more force behind them! Fingers crossed he stays away from my ribs and doesn't break anything from the inside out!

Here's my 23week belly! Onward and upward to finishing out week 24!



And from the profile....