Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A Lighter Shade of Pale

I must give props to my husband in this entry. He and his friend R spent the day fixing the Almond Cream in the nursery yesterday, and it looks fantastic!

Before, we had some light sage green walls (which are lovely, just not my taste)



After, we have some lovely Almond Cream walls that are begging for chocolate brown and turquoise stripes!



As much as C and all of his friends will argue with me, it's not white! I swear to you, it's not!

Our project for tonight is to tape off the stripes, which hopefully will be painted tomorrow.

All that is left to do is the closet, which is still the sage green. C and R are planning to get that painted this week as well, which is fantastic!

I'm so pleased with how the nursery is coming along, and just had to brag about C's handiwork. I mentioned to him that for our guest room, I wouldn't mind painting it 2/3 white, and then doing a chair rail, and a glossy/matte alternating vertical stripe pattern on the existing yellow. I think it'd look quite pretty, and would tone down the yellow in the room as it is now. He said that he's sure whomever we hire to paint that room will be more than capable to handle the project.

Lesson learned: don't ask him to paint. Ever. Again. (though he did a GREAT job!!)

No comments: