Seriously, it's one of the oddest weekends I've had yet in terms of how I was feeling.
Friday night was fine - we just stayed home and watched a movie (The Invention of Lying - I don't recommend it, but C and his buddy T seemed to like it!). Though, I was still battling my head cold and had run out of Benedryl, so when 10pm came around...I was out for the count.
Saturday was fantastic! Spa day with my bff's H and T in Paris! We all got pedicures, which were lovely and very relaxing, went for a delicious lunch in Ayr and then back to Woodstock to run some errands before relaxing at T's while her wonderful husband R made us dinner. It was such a great day! Everyone was happy and relaxed...something that the three of us hardly feel. H has a 7 year old who is always on the go, and T is the mom of a 1 1/2 year old little girl who never stops squirming it seems!
Sunday just about did me in. After a full week of not being sick with anything other than a head cold, I just couldn't keep anything down. I really started doubting myself, and what made matters worse was that C wasn't around to rub my back, calm me down and make me laugh through my tears. Between 7:30am and 2:30pm, I just could not muster up the strength for anything or anyone.
After a two hour nap, and a little bit of gravol, food started to agree with me and I was able to keep things down little by little like some cheddar cheese, Shreddies and lemonade. Snuggling with our cats Maggie and Tiko helped me a little as well, as did the many kicks, flips and punches from Bug.
Tomorrow marks our Week 22 appointment, and I'm terrified to get on that scale. What if I've lost more weight? Are they really going to put me on bed rest and that I can get some strength and my body can recuperate a little? I guess that's a story for tomorrow...
No comments:
Post a Comment