Monday, March 1, 2010

GO Canada GO!

As two avid hockey fans, you can bet your bottom dollar that we were glued to the television yesterday afternoon. Well...C was moreso jumping in and out of his chair, falling on the ground, screaming at the top of his lungs, and then....jumping up and down in the largest man-hug I've ever witnessed, cheering when Team Canada brought home gold for Men's Hockey yesterday afternoon.

I mean, I enjoy a good hockey game...but c'mon...a man-hug? It was pretty funny to watch though, I must admit!

It was debated, however, amongst all in attendance yesterday that our son would be named after whomever scored the winning goal (only if Canada won of course).

Everyone was calling with Sidney Szem by the end of the evening, which just doesn't sit right with me. Try saying it with a lisp...poor boy.

Now Crosby Szem...that's a name I could get used to! So, being the ever inquisitive one that I am, I googled "meaning of name Crosby."

The boy's name Crosby \c-ros- by, cr(o)- sby\ is of Scandinavian origin, and its meaning is "at the cross". Singer Bing Crosby.

Hmm...then again...maybe not!

This week marks some pretty miraculous changes for baby Bug, and my ribs are hurting pretty bad today to prove just how much he's growing and kicking right now. Not only are his eyes open, but he's working on a sleep pattern, sucking on his fingers and will weigh 2lbs. by the end of the week. Measuring in at a whopping 15inches, his lungs would be capable of functioning in the outside world, though with alot of medical help and long stays in the NICU.

And we even hit a milestone this weekend! We're down to double digits...only 98ish days left to go until our little boy is here!

PS: he has a name...and it's not Sidney or Crosby...and no...you won't know until he's born!

2 comments:

jenni from the blog said...

It was such a good game, wasn't it!?! Everyone at the party I was at was having a mini-heart attack, lol.

Although I was cheering for USA, I definitely thought that Canada was the {slightly} better team and I still can't believe we scored with 24 seconds left!

Congrats mama!

Shan said...

lol I was thinking about you the whole time we were watching the game - wondering how you were doing and if Brynn was kicking for anyone in particular!

It really was a great game - and I thought C was going to pass out when ya'll scored with 24seconds left to go. AHH!!