Friday, March 19, 2010

Only 11 Weeks To Go!

Count 'em...Eleven....11....undici....onze...elf...once. No matter which language you write it or say it in (English, Italian, French, German and Spanish respectively), we have just approximately 11 short weeks until this little boy is born!

Last night we spent the evening cleaning like mad-people. Our entire house has been vacuumed (thank God for Central Vac!), dusted (well...kinda...), tidied, sheets changed and washed, bathrooms scrubbed from top to bottom (thanks C!!!), kitty little box changed and tile swept.

My jobs were dusting and vacuuming. I got all of the vacuuming done, and then went to tackle the disaster zone that is our master bedroom to make everything look pretty and organized, same for the guest room as well.

Now a lot of you are probably reading this thinking "wow...she's so nesting!" but au contrare! C's cousins, M and his wonderful fiance A, are coming to visit tonight! I'm so excited! I haven't seen either of them since our wedding, and unfortunately we're going to miss their wedding this summer in Scotland as they're getting married about 6 weeks after our due date and it might be cutting it a wee bit close if I am late, or have any complications.

Won't they be surprised when they see this...



And by "this," I mean my belly and not the dorkiness that is my husband!

As far as Bug's development this week goes, holy moly can this little boy pack a punch! There is constant movement first thing in the morning, around lunch time and from dinner until I go to bed (with about 10:30pm being his most active time...yes...right when I'm trying to fall asleep). My ribs are getting a little more sore everyday, and he's definitely running out of room. (From behind, you can't really tell that I'm pregnant since I'm very much carrying out front. But when I turn around....whaBam!!)

He's about as big as a butternut squash and weighs in just over 2lbs. now. This week, he's been working on growing some strong bones, so I've been trying to get more milk and other dairy products into my diet everyday (which is hard when you're lactose intolerant, but I seem to be doing okay with it!) He's also busy growing a (hopefully) very active and imaginative brain, so I'll have to ramp up the efforts on the folic acid, vitamin C and iron. Since prenatal vitamins still make me sick, I'm trying to do this by choosing the right foods, eating on a pretty set schedule and trying to get a good variety of foods, which will also hopefully encourage him to be a little more adventurous with food than his Momma is!

No comments: