Monday, March 8, 2010

Week 28?! Hello, 3rd Tri!

Wow, I almost can't believe it! We're entering week 28...which puts us at the beginning of the 3rd trimester. We've made it! I'm so thrilled and feel so incredibly blessed to be where we are now.

Bug's developments over the weekend were just crazy - from increased fetal movement (who knew that it could increase?! ahh!! He's so incredibly active!) to feeling hiccups...he's really starting to form a little personality in there! He responds when I talk to him at night before bedtime (or at least I like to think he does...), still doesn't kick when someone's touching my belly but kicks up a storm when C is in the room and talking, or when Maggie is snuggling up next to him and purring up a storm.

In terms of symptoms, I've been feeling more energy lately and have even taken pleasure in unloading the dishwasher. For anyone who knows me, I typically hate unloading the dishwasher. I mean...the dishes are clean, and put away...why unload it!? I've been happier throughout the day, which is great. My issues seem to come in the evenings, where Bug is very active, my legs get crampy and I can't seem to find a comfortable position to sleep in. I wake up about 4-5 times per night, either to get comfortable again or because I've been kicked in the bladder, and am pretty sleepy in the mornings...when he's super active again.

From about lunchtime until dinner time, he's pretty quiet and those are certainly my favourite times. Napping....resting....relaxing...I'll take what I can get, when I can get it!

Entering week 28, I thought I'd take a few different pictures...

Mommy's view down...



Please excuse the Bud Light in the background...



Mommy and Daddy - who wasn't cooperating. I think this is photo #3...he kept making funny faces from angry to sad to overly excited...



Thanks for the pose idea, MrsHollyMatesh!!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I love that picture of you and C! ;) Congrats on 3rd trimester lady!

Shannon said...

Congrats on third trimester!!

Shan said...

thanks ladies! We're so excited to be here!!