We kicked off our weekend with a BBQ on Friday night with C's cousin M and his fiance A. It was so nice to see them, as we hadn't seen them since our wedding in 2008, and to hear all about their plans for their wedding in Scotland this coming July. We may just have to play that trip by ear and not count it out just yet! We ate, they drank, shared in a yummy brownie-and-mint-chip-ice-cream dessert (yum!) and hopefully will get to see them again before they head across the pond on Tuesday.
Saturday was pretty low-key for the most part during the day. C put on another coat of stain on the dresser, and it seems to be taking much better now. I chatted with M about it on Friday night, as he's a bit on a RONA/Home Depot pro, and it looks like we're just going to have to saturate the heck out of the wood. Two coats down, and who knows how many more to go!
Off to Thamesford we went on Saturday night for a buck and doe for our good friends A and R. It was a great time, and I can't believe that I made it right until the end of the night! H and J came, and danced the night away (so nice to see two very happy people, very much in love!) T, his girlfriend M (cute as a button!) and our friend Scuba Steve came as well, and everyone had a blast! But whew...2:30am bedtimes are not my friend!
Sunday was my mini shopping spree at Old Navy! I was so excited to hit the road, have some "me time" but was so disappointed when I got there. I found my sandals immediately....

...and then searched for almost a half hour to find where the maternity clothes were hidden. Back corner. Beside "Newborn Necessities." All I could think was "oh Lord...I'm going to spend so much money on this kid..."
The maternity section consisted of 1 rack of maxi dresses made for giants, 2 racks of overpriced jeans, 1 table of tanks that looked like the Tasmanian Devil had already gone through it, 1 rack mix-matched of random shirts that looked like tents, and a wall of yoga pants/shirts/t's/tanks/anything else you could imagine. It was a mess!! I was so overwhelmed that I immediately started looking at the newborn boy clothes that were on the adjacent wall and picked these out for Bug...

and matching shoes of course...

I finally found a few shirts that fit allright, though also found some that felt like tents - even in the smallest size. This whole losing weight but gaining a basketball out front thing is really throwing me off when it comes to clothes! This one is probably my favourite...along with my hot pink gathered side tank which I don't have a picture of...

No shorts though, and I was pretty disappointed with that so I'll have to go and check our Motherhood Maternity (highly recommended by Momma T!) in a few weeks.
Thank goodness for the lady who was exiting Old Navy as I was walking in, and gave me her 30% off coupon! Bug's outfit cost about $10, with the shoes, and all of the pieces that I picked out for myself (two tanks, one tshirt, and the green shirt above - plus the sandals and some flip flops) were under $15 each. Cheap and cheerful - the main reason I love Old Navy!
Happy Spring, everyone!
6 comments:
Love the shirt momma! I bought the exact same one! (In two colours!)
Yup my old navy trip this weekend sounds just like yours! So frustrating. We have one little rack of stuff at my old navy too. I saw those whale shoes and almost bought them for our little guy too! Great minds think alike. Also i have bought stuff on oldnavy.com just make sure to go down a size because they run HUGE and the return policy sucks! Good luck!
Here's a GAP & Old Navy tip for you ... if you call a store elsewhere in Canada that also carries their maternity lines, they'll send you as many clothes as you want for a $5 shipping charge and you can return what you don't like to your closest store. I did that a lot when pg w/ Andrew b/c there was no maternity stuff in the Edmonton area yet (this was waaayyyy back in '03 ;)). I just viewed their stuff online and then called the stores to ask if they had them. Often the salesperson walked to the section w/ the phone and acted as my personal shopper. It was great.
S - that is brilliant!! I was just on the gap site and they have some cute stuff as well that would be handy to have around when the weather gets warmer...but I can't seem to figure out how to find what Canadian stores have maternity clothes.
I'm sooo cheap with my clothes - considering that it's all going to be going in a box at one point, I just can't bring myself to spend $50 on maternity jeans! That's nuts!
wahoo! I figured it out, and neither of our two stores in London carry maternity.
Booerns! I think I might hit up Motherhood Maternity on the weekend perhaps (or maybe in a couple of weeks), and maybe Thyme as well?
I've had ok luck at Wal-mart, but it seems that they have one shirt in about 50 colours...
You're smart not to spend too much on maternity stuff b/c you likely won't wear it again ... even for your next pregnancy. I was pregnant in the exact opposite seasons but, aside from that, my body was completely different the 2nd time around. Also, my taste and styles were different and, to be perfectly honest, I was sick of wearing the stuff I wore the first time b/c I wore it so much. All that to say buy what you love, wear it a lot and then give it to a friend so that you can buy more fun stuff next time!
Post a Comment