Monday, April 26, 2010

April Showers

Yet another whirlwind of a weekend was had in the Family Szem. While C was off gallivanting with his friends T & R in Windsor, I was hosting a bridal shower for my very good friend, A.

Since it's just about 5am here on Monday morning, I'll do a little photo-entry of the details of the event. I'm very pleased with how everything came together, and was so incredibly happy that everyone enjoyed themselves!


Flowers on the mantel...you'll start to notice a theme very shortly


Flowers at the front door


And in the bathroom...however, flowers were not the theme!


The ocean and beach were the theme! A's getting married in Panama, and I really wanted to bring that tranquility to her shower!




Seashells were just about anywhere that you could find them






Even the favours, which I forgot to hand out until right near the end when some of the last guests were leaving, were seashells!

But I know what you're really all wanting to see...the dessert table! One of the benefits of designing cakes for the Whimsical Bakery is cupcakes are always a-plenty!




Cupcakes and Strawberry-cream-cheese-crescents



Hand-rolled Chocolate-coconut and Chocolate-Skor truffle pops


Cupcakes and Honey-apple-brie-bites....yum!

Sunday was certainly spent watching movies and enjoying the company of C...along with LOST Season 3, and a lunch out at Boston Pizza.

4 comments:

shay said...

Love it!!! What a beautiful shower!

jenni from the blog said...

Wow, it looks like a beautiful shower. And now I'm hungry... why did you have to share the dessert table pics with us?? ;)

Shan said...

hehehe because Im evil ;)

sarah said...

Beautiful desserts!! and what a lovely shower!