Monday, April 19, 2010

Pre-mat Leave Projects

Well, well, well...it looks like I've tackled about half of my pre-maternity leave projects and with still another 7ish weeks to go, I think I may have to look for some more!

Project #1 - Landscaping

That'll be finished today! Nana V and I are going out to the garden centre this afternoon to finalize the trees for the backyard. Then, it's all up to C to dig the holes and get them planted. Looks like we're looking at 6 black cedars along the back fence, a Celebration maple along the north fence, and something else along the south fence. I haven't quite decided if I want another Celebration maple, or perhaps a Hemlock.



Project #2 - Studio Setup

That's been done for a couple of weeks now, and I am absolutely thrilled to have done up a new painting in there already. It also provided a nice backdrop for some of our maternity pictures this weekend!

Project #3 - master Bedroom

It's finally done! I'm so happy with it as well! The pressure was certainly on this Saturday morning as we knew that Rosita was wanting to take pictures of us in bed, reading to Bug etc. so we needed to spruce things up!

Before...just stone-brown walls and not a whole lot going on



After...a new, cozy...and rather adult bedroom


LOVE Alphabet Photography, a wedding gift from a dear friend, with pictures of us, my Dad and his cuff links - and other goodies picked up from Homesense


Our 13' (yes...feet....) spruce shelf with yummy hazelnut, caramel, vanilla and coffee scented candles (I promise you that it's straight...I'm just standing sort of angled to try and get the whole shelf in the picture...we used a level and everything!)


Corner hutch outside the en suite...picture of Dad and I, the scrapbook I made C and gave to him before our wedding and Bug way up at the top!


The new painting! It was supposed to go horizontally over top of the 13' shelf, but we liked it here better!

We didn't paint because the colour is very similar to what we had at our condo, and the colour that I would have picked anyhow. There are a few nicks here and there on the LOVE wall, and perhaps that will make a nice accent wall at some point in the future. Right now though, we're happy with it just the way it is.

No comments: