Monday, May 10, 2010

36weeks Down...

which means that we're full-term at the end of the week! The big question on our minds is...will we make it to the end of the week?!

I mentioned to C on Saturday "only 30 days left!" and he was quick to say "ya...I've sort of thrown that time line out the window." To be honest, so have I. We've been keeping track of contractions over the weekend, and while they never last more than a minute or are ever closer than 5 minutes apart, they're coming on no matter how much water I drink, how often I lie on my left side, how stressed or relaxed I am. The nausea is still there, the backache is constant and...Bug's movements have decreased.

Yes...I admit that I was completely and entirely wrong. He barely moves anymore, and it's starting to freak me out. He used to wiggle and squirm, kick and punch the whole day through, and now I'm lucky if I feel him kick once an hour...

After reading our book from the hospital, we're supposed to be feeling him 10 times in 2 hours, with routine and consistency. Ya...not feeling that at all. He'll be quiet for the entire day, with the exception of the occasional roll over, and then will have these crazy frantic movements. The book says that's not good, and to call your doctor.

So...I'm going to be calling the doctor shortly. The contractions/pains/cramps/backache have stayed since Thursday, and have gotten increasingly uncomfortable and painful...to the point where they take my breath away and make me nauseous.

In any event, since this could be our last belly picture...I leave you with 36 weeks...on mother's day

1 comment:

Sara said...

My doc recommended a sugary drink, like orange juice, if I was concerned about movement and that always seemed to do the trick. Your doc might send you to the hospital for a quick check on baby (they'll put you on the monitors, etc.) which could be very reassuring.