Monday, May 3, 2010

Baby Brunch!

This past weekend, we had a lovely baby shower brunch thrown for us. The table was perfect - it looked like it was right out of Martha Stewart! The company was fantastic, the cake absolutely amazing, and the gifts were incredibly generous!

Beautiful baby's breath in a watering can, the new centerpiece on my own kitchen table. Simple and incredibly elegant.


Scones! I don't know how Kristin knew, but they are probably my absolute most favourite thing in the world. I used to make them when I was little from my Grandma Belle's recipe....yum!


BEAUTIFUL cake from where else...the Whimsical Bakery! Christine even modeled the pregnant lady after yours truly!



All of the incredibly beautiful and generous gifts! So much amazing stuff, it was difficult to choose "favourites" (really...they all are at the top of the list!)


LOVE the Eeyore rattle and piggy bank - so cute! Thanks, Jan!

Did I mention that the onesie has a Tiger on the bum? It makes me giggle everytime I look at it!


From Christine at the bakery..."Get me a cupcake and noone gets hurt" - PERFECT!


Bug's very first puppy...and it looks like my Tony growing up! Thank you SO much Marianne, it just about brought me to tears!

The absolute most softest, cuddliest blanket ever. I washed it last night and wanted to snuggle with it on the couch all night long! Thanks, Karen!!!

Honestly, this is probably my most favourite item that we've received so far. Kristin, the wonderful hostess, made it for Bug and it touched my heart in a way that I cannot even begin to explain. It's perfect...and small...and snuggly...and will be perfect come the fall, and I think may need to make and appearance at Bug's baptism.
We both had a great time, and were pleasantly surprised to find trees planted in the backyard when we got home...despite all of the rain and nasty weather. Another blog entry, for another day.
Thank you for a great brunch Kristin, you are fantastic!

1 comment:

shay said...

Sounds like a fabulous afternoon! Love all your baby loot and of course the watering can!!