Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I'm Like a Bird...

no...not the Nelly Furtado song (though that was a pretty decent album when she was a little more organic, before she got all weird!). What I mean is that for some reason...at 11:30pm last night when I couldn't sleep because of severe abdominal pain and increasingly intense pressure on my pelvic bones and back, I thought that it would be a good idea (and time apparently) to put the breathable bumper from Nagypapi and Nana V into the crib and organize his bed a little. Okay, well maybe alot...I mean...I'm nesting at midnight when I should be sleeping!

Poor C...I must have made such a racket! First, I took out the mattress to put the mattress pad on, then put it back in the crib, only to take it out again when I realized that I couldn't get the bumper in with the mattress there.

Queue the Velcro straps that were done...and redone...and redone again. Sorry, C! I know it made alot of noise, but at least it's done now right?

After getting the bumper in place, and happy with where it was sitting etc. (and re-reading the instructions to make sure that I did it properly), in went the mattress...only to get stuck on the bumper. Seriously, can a girl get a break at 12:30am?!

Okay...mattress in, but I forgot the bed sheet. After spending way too much time fighting with the bed sheet and finally getting it tucked in nicely, I had to figure out what to do with the quilt. As per many reminders at our prenatal class and from What To Expect When Expecting, I know that a newborn is a wiggly worm and could suffocate under a quilt, even a thin one. Considering that we're going to swaddle and use sleep sacks, we don't really need the quilt in there for the first little while anyway. If only there were a way to get it tucked in super tight, way down at the bottom...So, that's just what I did, and hopefully it will be okay. Obviously it can always be taken out, but that's where it is, for now.

Before....




After...and yes I know Hurley can't be in there when Bug's in there



By this point, it was almost 1am and the abdominal pain and backache kept getting worse, so off to bed I went.

Queue a few hours of tossing and turning, maybe a cat nap here and there, I didn't exactly sleep. After an hour and a half of nesting, all of the pain and a few tears of frustration...it's hitting me very hard that this is all going to happen very fast, and very soon likely.

Being the good little boy that he is, Bug listened to my plea yesterday of getting out of my ribs and dropped even further. By the end of LOST, I could barely stand from all of the pressure and pain against my pelvic bones and floor. While my lungs felt alot of relief (something I wasn't sure was possible with this short torso of mine!), my body is certainly suffering today.

The end is near! I can feel it!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Im with you on the no sleep!! This week has been awful! I finally was able to get some sleep last night(of course I am now waking up hourly to go pee!). People keep saying that this is just preparing us for when baby arrives. BUT honestly I would much rather be getting up to feed baby and than being able to go back to sleep with NO pain! Hopefully the end is near for both of us!