Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Labour & Delivery Bag

I had always intended to pack a bag specifically for C. Whether we sent one of his friends to our house to grab it for him, had it in the car, or forgot it all together, I had always thought it'd be nice to at least have some stuff packed for him.

We got to talking about it, and he said that he didn't need anything...even that he could live in the same t-shirt for three days if he needed to, so long as everything that I needed was in the car and I felt prepared to go. Little does he know that part of me feeling prepared is knowing that he has a bag ready to go, and in the trunk alongside my bag!

At our preregistration meeting on Monday, the nurse suggested that we have a Labour &Delivery Bag in addition to my larger bag and a diaper bag for the baby. Hmmm...perhaps I should be thinking about merging the L&D Bag with C's bag, so that we have everything that we need, all right there for when we're at the birthing centre.

Well! I finished the bag today, and shuffled some of the things from my bag like the tennis ball and my iPod, and Viola! We have a fully stocked L&D Bag!



C's stuff
HABS T-shirt, swim trunks, toilettries, socks and underwear

my stuff
Change of clothes - tshirt, sports bra, socks, underwear, swim suit



Blackberries, camera charger, video camera, video camera charger.
We actually had a big talk about whether or not to pack the video camera. While I absolutely do not want the birth of Bug to be on video, it might be kind of nice to tape things like when we first get to snuggle with him, or when Nana, Grandpa and Grandma Dale meet him for the first time...and react to his name! So....in the bag it goes!

Notice any other funny items in there? LOST Season 4? Gangs of New York? Well....the L&D Nurse suggested bringing some movies since it can take a while. Originally, I was thinking of something lighthearted and fun...like Happy Feet. However...I couldn't find it! Oh well, Gangs will have to do!

Hawt? That boy has no Hawt!!

And LOST was going into the bag either way, the only question was which season? C suggested that it be all that we pack, and start with season 1 since Bug should be here only a couple of weeks after the finale. But Season 4 is when Jack and Juliet meet...and fall in love...and there is just so much ridiculous action, not to mention the emergence of Faraday and crew, that it might prove to be a really great distraction.

There you have it! All of that, alongside a fluffy towel and my pillow that is already in the trunk...and we're getting ever closer to being ready to go to the hospital.

4 comments:

Sara said...

In addition to your sports bra have you packed/bought nursing bras yet? You're an accurate size right now to buy them and I'd recommend buying at least 3. They get soaked a lot and it's nice to be able to change a couple w/o immediately doing laundry (i.e. in the middle of the night).

Shannon said...

YAH! I have to do mine as well. Im hoping to get mine packed on Saturday.

Shan said...

Haven't gotten them yet...its on the to-do list for sure!

Sara said...

Since you're well endowed I'd highly recommend going to a professional bra store for a proper fitting and investing in some good bras. I wore mine 24/7 for over a year so needed something with good support. You'll probably pay a small fortune but it's really worth it.