Wow...this weekend was sure filled with false alarms and tears.
I guess it all started on Thursday evening at the cocktail event. People were placing bets on who was going to have a baby first...C and I, or another couple from the Club who was expecting their fourth baby. Well...I held out and win wife-of-the-year from everyone at the Club! Diane and Jay had their fourth girl (4th!! holy moly!) on Friday, and unfortunately Jay had to pull out of the tournament (obviously for the very best of reasons.)
Friday after our doctor's appointment, I pretty much relaxed all day, or at least tried to. Every time I moved, I was in pain. The cramping was pretty intense, and made for a very miserable me for the better part of the afternoon. However, it was good to know what I've progressed to 3cm and that things are moving along.
Saturday was absolutely awesome! I went to the spa with four of my really great friends for manicures and pedicures, then we headed to Symposium to sit on the patio and enjoy the sunshine. Oi.....sunshine indeed! I'm not sure how the other three ladies fared, but my back is still burnt to the point where I have to wear a strapless shirt and lather on the aloe every few hours!
It was absolutely awesome to get together with some girlfriends and be....me for once. Not the mom-to-be or the daughter-in-law, or even C's pregnant wife...but me. It was great!
We capped off the night with the fancy schmancy dinner and dance out at the Club and closing ceremonies for the golf tournament. It was great to get dressed up and parade my belly. I probably should have taken a picture, but the positive comments from people were enough to make me smile all night long. From "You're in labour?! Why are you here???!" to "You look beautiful! Are you due later this summer?" and "You're due in 10 days?! You look like you're 6 months pregnant!"....it was great!
Sit down for dinner....queue the contractions. Oh gosh...I wasn't sure how long we were going to make it. I tried so hard to have a brave face, smile and strike up conversation but whew! It was difficult with all of the sharp pains and constant tightness that I was feeling. Poor C was getting hit in the leg every time it happened and had to keep track, but they were consistently 20 minutes apart so we weren't too worried.
What a great "last date night" out with C! He looked so handsome, and I was able to get all dolled up....*sigh* It's going to be a while before that happens again, but obviously well worth it.
Yesterday was a whole different story. I was crampy, emotional....slightly irrational even....and really tired. I spent alot of the day lying on the couch groaning and whining...or bouncing on my yoga ball telling Bug "okay...let's go buddy!!" and the tears seemed to fall at the most random of times. I bet C can't wait for this to be over!
So now...we're waiting! I feel pretty good today, aside from the sunburn, and might even venture out to get some errands done this afternoon. I'd really like to get some daylillies to plant in the gardens and since my energy level is pretty good today...I am confident that I can get them planted before the rain comes tonight. I also need to get a soaker hose for our new cedars, extension cord for the weed whacker, and a wall-mounted hose holder or some other contraption to keep things neat and tidy at the side of the house.
Anything to pass the time, eh?
1 comment:
I love how you pass the time by gardening and doing errands and I do it by procrastinating at work and making birth announcements!
Post a Comment