Friday, June 11, 2010

11:15 Cannot Come Soon Enough

It's still an hour away before C picks me up for our very last doctor's appointment. The appointment that will determine whether we get sent to the hospital to have a baby (today!) or if we need to finalize the details of my induction. Either way...it's out last one!

You hear that, Bug?! Our last one!!

This week has been....interesting and full of mixed emotions for sure. From panic on the way to the hospital to feeling nervous while waiting for our doctor....from screaming in pain and feeling hopelessly defeated to feeling excited that we're going to experience the absolute best thing in the world: becoming parents...to an outside baby!

The contractions that started at 4am on Wednesday haven't gone away, the pressure has gotten much more intense and I'd be lying if I didn't admit to texting C yesterday something to the effect of the doctor needs to make this stop.

It's been a week of lasts...the last time my two best friends will see me with a baby in my belly, the last softball game that we'll go to without a stroller in tow, the last Stanley Cup final without a little giggling baby boy cheering with his Daddy!
Now onto a week of firsts! The first changings, feedings, snuggles and smiles. The first visits to the office and first naps on the couch when I'm too exhausted to move. The first lullabies. The first time I get to look at C with the most insane amount of adoration while he holds our son for the very first time. His first Father's Day...

I told you it's been an emotional week!! Why would today be any different!

With that, I leave you with my last belly picture! LAST!! Ahh!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shan, SO exciting! Good luck with everything, and we can't wait to see those first pictures of little Bug!!

Katie said...

Good luck to you, I hope he comes soon (on his own)!!

Marielle0430 said...

Yay! Can't wait for your next update! Good luck!

jenni from the blog said...

You look adorable mama! Enjoy this last week with an inside baby, b/c (believe it or not) you WILL miss being pregnant. I have a 3 weeks old and I'm already thinking about baby #3 ;)