Wow, not cool....not cool at all!
Here's the rundown from today's appointment...which apparently won't be our last but I'll get into that in a moment.
Fetal Heart Rate - holding strong at 144bpm
Weight - no change from last week! Yahoo! I weighed this two years ago when we got home from our cruise!
Blood Pressure - 100/60...well that's more like it! Whew, I must have just been stressed last week
Height of Fundus - 40cm
Dilation - 3cm
Effacement - full!
Bug's Head Station - minus3, still a ways to go and not being helped with the posterior position!
So, what does this all mean for us? Well...it means that all of these contractions and back pain have put me into labour...but not active enough to be sent to the hospital. However...it means that labour should be quick since my body is doing so much work now...it'll have less to do later! Apparently most women go into the hospital and are rarely dilated to 1cm...so knowing that I'm close to 4cm is encouraging.
Again, our doctor flipped back to the EDD of the 13th, disregarding all of the emotional, mental and physical toll it's had on my body, and said that he wouldn't set an induction date until next week. We asked about the bulging membranes that he felt on Monday, and he said that they aren't bulging now too much, so while he is still expecting them to burst on their own, he thinks that he likely examined me during a contraction.
We have an appointment for next Friday at 9am, and even though our doctor isn't expecting we will make it to then....both C and I expect that we will. With Bug being posterior, it's highly unlikely that I will experience regular contractions however the pain may get unbearable enough that it sends us to the hospital in the next few days.
We shall see, I suppose. Apparently, if we make it to our appointment next Friday...we will be induced next weekend. Not really the news I was looking for, but hey...there's an end in sight and that's got to count for something, right?
Right....?
2 comments:
Hang in there sweetie! I am sending you every vibe, dust, prayer to you! xoxox
Aww, hun he'll be here before you know it!!! Hopefully he comes on his own this week =)
Post a Comment