Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Being Selfish

This post is going to be all about me. Ya...that's right, me!

I think I deserve a little attention amongst all of this baby madness, but I need a little help.

What am I talking about? My hair, obviously!

I haven't done a single thing to it since the beginning of April, and let me tell you....the grey's are coming in fast and furious (thanks, Dad), the red streak in my bangs (which really...who's kidding...I don't have bangs really anymore) is more like an orangey straw colour, and the length is absolutely ridiculous!


I have an appointment with the amazing April on the 8th to get spruced up.

So...What do you think I should do? I'm definitely open to suggestion!

Here's the before (aka now...after a nap with Owen)



And here are some things that I've done in the past...



A little long, with bangs and my red streak through them



Solid dark dark brown, chin lengthish



Asymmetrical, curly with a little red poking through on the side


Asymmetrical, straight with red poking through on the side (that you can't see in the picture)


I've had it long, super short (in like grade 4-8, hahaha) and somewhere in the middle. I've had red highlights, blonde, caramel, purple, different shades of brown...


I'd like to be able to still pull it back in a pony tail, or loose pig tails, since it's the summer, and also because it is the summer, I wear it straight alot of the time to avoid frizz and ridiculousness.


Oh...and did I mention that we have Owen's newborn pictures on the 8th? So...momma's gotta look good! Curly or straight???

5 comments:

Tracy Eyles said...

I kind of like your hair in the third pic...chin length and straight. You could go a little longer to put it up but I think the style really suits you.

Barbie said...

I love you with curly hair! Definitely curly, but add in some carmels and maybe some auburn/red too!!

Shan said...

thanks ladies!! I think shorter is definitely in play, especially since it's the summer and showering is hit or miss these days - I can't afford 45minutes to straighten my long hair anymore!
Barbie - in terms of colour...I'm a peek-a-boo kinda gal, and love to have my hair a little funky...I may go caramel this time! It's been a while!

Sara said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it chin length both curly & straight! I think it's the perfect length for you (or maybe a tad longer to be able to pull it all back).

Shan said...

lol ya I'm thinking chin lengthish with bangs, slightly longer so I can pull it back. C said 'keep it long!!" but I can't do it - it takes a good 45mins to do it straight and looks like a hot mess when curly!