Yes folks, we're headed for an induction.
After a night of contractions...yes...more contractions...I called the doctor's office promptly at 9am. The contractions were every ten minutes on the ten from 1:30am until 11:00am. Neither C nor I slept a wink...and I still haven't managed to even nap.
I explained to the receptionist what was going on, and she booked me in for 4:00 this afternoon. Score...I should be able to nap right? Nope...I tried and tried but I think I was so wired from all of the contractions, start and stop, and worried that the stress on my body was going to cause Bug harm.
Off to the doctor's we go, and we met Dr. Kwan who is taking over for Dr. Leslie this week as she's on vacation. The rundown...
Weight - hasn't changed since Friday...haha not that I was expecting it to
Fetal Heart Rate - 131bpm...a little slower, but still safe
Fundus measurement - 40cm...no growth since Friday
Then we were told that our OB was on call until 5, so if we didn't mind waiting...to sit tight because he's been paged and would like to come in and see us immediately. Thank Goodness!! Someone is finally taking this seriously with (for?) me. They gave me an extra pillow, said that I looked exhausted and told me to have a nap while I waited. How thoughtful!
Knock, knock, knock at the door and it was Dr. Jordan. He sat down, and I started to explain about the back pain from Saturday and the contractions, then C interrupted me and told the doctor that I was downplaying everything. Bless his heart for stepping up to the plate and really going to bat for me.
A few minutes later, and it was determined that I am fully effaced (that we already knew...) and 4cm dilated! That's almost halfway to having a baby!! He was very happy with our progress, and was happy to call delivery to book our induction...for Father's Day! I'm the first on the list, so we should be at the hospital and whatnot by noon! NOON!
We talked about C and my concern for the stress that all of this might be putting on Bug, and Dr. Jordan booked us in on Thursday for a Non-Stress Test to make sure everything's allright. If he passes, then it's straight on to Sunday (unless my water breaks before then). If not...then we stay in the hospital, and have a baby! The sooner the better, but we obviously hope that everything's okay with our Bug and that he passes the NST with flying colours.
I was also given a prescription for Tylenol 2, should the back pain get like it did on Saturday night. I'm only going to have C run out to fill it if it flares up and other comfort measures like ice and the yoga ball don't work next time around.
It's the final countdown, Bug! You've been evicted, little one!!
3 comments:
YAY!!! The end is near! Let's hope you have him on your own before then, but what a great Father's Day present. I don't think you will be able to top this one ;)
I am SO glad that we have a plan in place - and a plan that isn't going to change unless my water spontaneously breaks on its own.
It's funny, I already had a Father's Day gift for C! Oh well!!
It's probably the only Father's Day that you'll receive a gift;)
Post a Comment