Friday, June 25, 2010

What Makes It Worthwhile...

Yesterday was in a few words...not good. Talk about emotional roller coaster! From weeping when Owen choked on his own puke (I swear, I turned for a second and then looked at this sweet little boy all in distress and choking...he's fine, I on the other hand just rocked him and bawled after he spit up some junk from his tummy), to being outrageously angry about a personal issue, to bawling again when C came home from work. Baby blues anyone?


Owen was pretty good overall yesterday...a little fussy here and there, and was awake most of the day. After the choking incident, I didn't want to leave him so once C was at work...I stayed with him on the couch...all....day...


Queue exhaustion, and queue even more tears.


Thankfully, C took Owen for the entire evening, made me dinner and let me take care of whatever it was that I wanted to accomplish around the house that I hadn't gotten to since I didn't want to leave Owen's side.


I am happy to report that our laundry is done, partially folded and that our freezer is organized, milk properly stored in it's own little basket (though I need another...that basket is full! Yipee!!) and other things that were too large (like the yummy lasagna from Grandma Dale that is waiting to be baked for dinner one evening...mmmmm) are down in the big chest freezer in the basement. C cleaned the litter box, and then (after washing his hand of course) massaged my feet and ankles to help the fluid drain.


So what makes all of this worthwhile?


Snuggle time. Hands down.




Today's been much better, and is only going to get better from here on out. C's on his way home early from work, Owen and I spent the morning shopping for presents and breastfeeding shields that fit properly, and we're going over to Nagypapi and Nana's for a birthday/father's day dinner with Uncle B and Auntie S! They haven't met Owen yet, so both C and I are very excited to see them (plus we're celebrating Auntie S's bday!! And Nana's too! I'm so excited about their gifts!). Pictures tomorrow, and we may even have our first family picture!

No comments: