I mentioned a long long time ago that I had gotten C something really special...something I wouldn't normally get for him, but something that I know he would enjoy...to celebrate the birth of our son.
Originally, I had planned on getting myself a little something to say "Yay! You did it! 5 months of throwing up, three trips to the hospital, a month long labour process and a few touch-and-go situations...but you did it! And he's beautiful!" C said no, absolutely not...he wanted to get me something.
Did I leave hints? Absolutely! What girl wouldn't want something shiny and new in a little blue box?!
While absolutely unnecessary, I really wasn't expecting him to go to the great lengths that he did...get something on back order well in advance...
It's beautiful.
Now my O is next to my heart, no matter where I go. This seriously makes my heart (and eyes) well up! C got me the Tiffany's Notes "O" Charm to put on my necklace, next to the diamond pendant that he gave me on our wedding day. The necklace used to be my Dad's and I haven't taken it off since my mom gave it to me a few months after he passed away, 5 years ago.
What did I get C??
Taylor Fladgate, 10 year old Tawny Port. It's something that he really enjoys, as a special treat, and will order if we're out for a really nice dinner. It's not something I would ever get him, but something that I knew he would really love.
And since Father's Day was only 4 days after Owen was born...
Cufflinks...sort of my go-to gift for a momentous occasion. One with OAD engraved on it, and the other will have Owen's birthdate engraved. I was a little nervous...thinking that C would think it corny, but he LOVES them and that the case says DAD in big...bold letters.
I've never seen a more proud poppa...and I've never loved that man more than I do right now.

No comments:
Post a Comment