Well, we had Owen's 1month checkup today....
Height - 22 1/4"
Weight - 9lbs.11oz.
Head circumference - 38cm
Yes...you read all of that right. He's a BIG boy! His muscle tone is great, reactions perfect...and get this...they think he's going to have blue eyes! Crazy, eh!? There was only about a 10% chance of that happening, and well...looks like he's a very special babe!
Now...the height and weight...
The doctor anticipates that he's going to be over 6', which he certainly gets from his cousins Steve, Scott and Mike, and he's currently in the 99th percentile for height in respect to his age.
Our baby is getting so big, and so fast!
We asked about when to increase the ounces that he eats, and thankfully Pam (the nurse) gave us information about that, and also about the colic, and when to transition him to his crib.
Well...they think now. I have such mixed emotions about this. On one hand, it means sleep. On the other, it means a monitor next to the bed, and my baby being that much further away. I think bassinet before crib, and maybe he'll like the bassinet now that he's bigger and older. She also said that since he's moving around so much, he needs more space...which means the end of swaddling.
Oh my. I'm not sure I'm ready for this!!
However...he is growing out of all of the blankets we have to swaddle him in, and kicks out on them in his sleep anyhow.
Anyway, there you have it. Big baby...who is happier than ever!
1 comment:
Wow! He's getting so big so fast. My little ones took almost four months to hit the 9 lbs mark. You must really be doing something right;) Don't get your hopes up with the blue eyes. Autumn had blue eyes until just after her first birthday and Ethan's were still blue at two. Now the both have a hazel eye colour. I was so sad because I had wanted a blue eyed redhead. Good luck with the sleep transitioning. It's rough at first but you'll feel much better when you get to sleep;)
Post a Comment