Greetings everyone!
My, how fast 10 weeks have gone. The days and nights run together...and I cannot believe how big our Monster is!
10 weeks ago (well...at 6:52pm...)
And today...at 11am...
He's massive! He barely fits into anything that's size 0-3, and is in nearly everything 3m or 3-6m. See why we call him Monster?
Gaetane was over yesterday afternoon, and as soon as I opened the door she said "You're better! You look so much better!"
Owen and I were in the midst of tummytime, so she joined us on the living room floor for some rolling around and playing. We talked about my fitness goals, how I've been doing mentally, and I was so proud to share this with her.
I stopped myself during a freak-out last week! Owen was just tired...and he's doing this new thing of whining and crying, not taking his soother and just being an overall pain in the booty when he is fighting falling asleep. I was exhausted from doing my friends wedding cupcake tower over the weekend, and was just about at the end of my rope. I wanted to go out for a while, just get out of the house and get some fresh air. He would not cooperate even a little bit. I started to get angry...and frustrated. I grabbed his soother with the intention of whipping it down the stairs...
However...I clenched it in my fist, took a deep breath and calmly asked Owen to shush, quietly gave him back the soother, and he was fine. I took a step back and smiled. He smiled back.
Such a huge achievement! And I celebrated by getting some gifts for a friend who recently found out that she and her husband are expecting a baby boy this coming winter, and I got a great deal on a new cake stand with a tall glass dome at HomeSense...to replace the one that I broke from my friends' wedding on the weekend. Oopsie!
But yes, yes....it's getting better! And I feel better alot of the time. There are still low days (like today...because I'm tired) but for the most part, the good days are outweighing the bad.
No comments:
Post a Comment