Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Help Raise money for the Winners Walk of Hope in support of Ovarian Cancer Canada!

Help Raise money for the Winners Walk of Hope in support of Ovarian Cancer Canada!

Well folks, this is the first of hopefully many charity walks that I will be participating in over the next year as I work and train toward my goal of....

the CIBC Run for a Cure, October 2011!

That's right! I'm going to RUN. You read that? R-U-N!

My goal for the Winners Walk of Hope is to raise $1000.00. The walk will take place in London, Ontario on September 12th!

Time to lace up those shoes and start training! I definitely want a good finish in the Winners Walk, and can't wait to see C and Owen at the finish line! (and of course any other family and friends that may want to come out!)

Help me reach my goals by clicking the link above and sponsoring me!

5 comments:

Sara said...

Congrats on setting a goal, it's motivating to have something circled on the calendar. Quite seriously though, why are you putting Oct. 2011 as your goal to run a 5k? You could run this year's Run for the Cure. Learning to run and building your endurance isn't overwhelming if you follow a program like this one:

http://www.runforlife.ca/runners/learntorunprogram.html

And a huge congrats to Colin on his half marathon! Dylan's training to run on in November. I can't run that long b/c I get bored out of my mind! 8k is about as long as I enjoy.

Shan said...

lol I'm putting that as my goal because I am incredibly intimidated! I also need to focus on alot of other health goals...so...we'll see! I may be able to do it...but I think I need to get actually running under my belt! lol

I'm going to start with the walks, and work up...and hopefully start working with a personal trainer! eek!

Sara said...

If you can walk, you can run. The link I sent you helps you ease into running and it's what any 'Learn to Run' clinic at a local Running Room would do. There are lots of new mom and beginning runners groups out there if you're seriously interested in running. You could very easily run-walk the 5k in October. Even marathon runners do a run-walk combo. Running doesn't necessarily mean running for 30 minutes straight. A run-walk combo is also awesome for interval trg, which is great for your heart.

Anonymous said...

Wishing you all the luck in achieving your goal!!!
PS: New blog link http://ourlifeandif.blogspot.com/

Shan said...

Thanks Loved!!

I think I'm good with starting out slow, getting a handle on my body and fitness,and mental health, and working toward the 6km run next October.

I'm going to continue to do walks until then tho!