For the past few weeks, Owen has been making some great strides...well, squirms...with his motor skills. He's getting ridiculously strong, and within a week of his first roll-over, he was trying to scoot his way across his playmat to get to Mom or Dad on the other side.
Last night was amazing. We were over at Nana and Papi's for dinner, and after we were all done, I put Owen on the floor on a blanket (about the size of a crib quilt), on his tummy. Really, I was hoping that he would just roll over and show up his amazing head-holding-up skills.
What happened was really amazing. He started about 3/4 of the way down the blanket, and would pull his knees up under his chest, inch forward, lie on his belly then look up at me. His arms sort of stayed where they were under his chest, but he'd work them out and slide them forward ever so slightly then move his knees up under his chest again. He was belly crawling his way over to me!
I really wish I had the video camera there to catch it. He started trying to crawl and pulling his knees up under his chest last week, and we sort of resigned ourselves to the fact that we have an early developer on our hands...but I really didn't anticipate that it meant within a week he would be figuring out how to crawl. We were placing bets on if he'd be full out crawling by Halloween, and I think it's safe to say...YES!
3 comments:
Aw yay baby Owen! That's awesome!!!
If he's anything like my guy...he'll tummy crawl until he can stand and walk all in one shot;) Ethan did the "comando" crawl until he was eight months old and walked just after nine months. He never actually crawled...little bugger. It's so exciting in some ways but soon you'll wish for the days when you could lay him down, go get the laundry and have him still in the same spot when you get back.
i'm so torn! Part of me just wants to hold and snuggle him...forget about tummytime so that he can't crawl away....But really, I don't want to hinder his development either.
He's growing up so fast!!
Post a Comment