Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Happy Birthday!

To me!!

I had the absolute best first birthday as a mom, yesterday. We started the day off with lots of smiles and giggles from Owen, an episode of the Backyardigans while I ran around the house tidying and washing bottles, and then we were off to Chapters for a music class!

It was so much fun! I was a little hesitant because I'm not really into all of that dorky "sing to your kid in public" stuff, and admittedly I get really self conscious because I actually can sing fairly well and get nervous in front of others. Well!! It was amazing! I totally didn't know the songs, but they were really easy to follow and my early bloomer gave all of the kiddos a run for their rattles and drums.

Owen was shaking a rattle during shake-time, banging a tambourine while it was "make music together" time, and was imitating the instructor marching...without any prompting at all. She was amazed and asked how old he was, then quickly was shocked when I said "3 months!"

Then it was off shopping for books at Chapters, a little Starbucks courtesy of mommaT, and then we drove around our neighbourhood while Owen was napping in the back so I could post flyers for the moms group I've created in my city (I'm such a go-getter!)

Once we were home, Owen was still wanting to nap, so he slept most of the afternoon while I farted around on facebook, watched some TV and then got ready for the gym.

Yeah, you read that right. Even though it was my birthday, I still went to the gym! Todd definitely did not go easy on me, either!

Afterward, I joined Nana, Papi, Grandma Dale, C and Owen back at Nana's house for a bbq dinner. It was so nice to just relax with family...really it's all I had wanted.

Getting a #1 mom badge from my little boy wasn't so bad either :)
Snuggles for mom on her birthday!
He was a little infatuated with the candles on the cake...
Angel food cake with no frosting...diet friendly and my favourite!

5 comments:

Sara said...

My dad's favourite is angel food cake too! For his b-day on Sept. 8 I grated a Coffee Crisp into Cool Whip and spread it on the cake. So yummy!

Shan said...

that's so weird...my Dad's favourite was Angel Food cake with 7minute frosting!!! your CoolWhip trick sounds awesome!

SSG said...

Happy Birthday Shan!!!!

Shan said...

Thanks Shizz!!

sarah said...

Happy Birthday!!! You have one adorable little guy too!