This weekend was a crazy one, and this week is going to be insane as well.
Saturday, C was golfing in a tournament while I was at home vacuuming, dusting and trying to deal with a problem in the bedroom.
Seriously...bed bugs are a real thing! And, they're disgusting at that!! I haven't been able to shake the creepy-crawley feeling for the past 24 hours, and even slept in the spare room last night. Thankfully, it's not a fullblown infestation. I only found 3 dead ones, and 1 that used to be alive. The 4am inspection resulted in no bugs found, during their prime feeding time, so it looks like we caught it early enough, and it doesn't look like we're going to have to get a new bed (thank God, we have a king...so that's definitely an expense we can't afford! An exterminator though...that's going to have to find it's way into the budget somewhere, STAT!)
Everything's sanitized and vacuumed, no eggs or nests found...so that's a plus.
And, while I was busy cleaning, I was also in the process of making truffles and brownies for a little scrapbooking party that I hosted today.
An old highschool friend asked how I have time for all of this.
Today, it's called the Bumbo (yesterday was the swing) and we LOVE it since getting it yesterday off of a co-worker.


First time in the Bumbo!
Helping in the kitchen, keeping occupied with lots of toys!
and....he's out.
That, friends, is how I achieve Supermomdom.
What's in store for this week? Grandma Dale is coming to visit tomorrow and Tuesday, then I have my first event for the moms group that I started in my area on Wednesday. I'm really excited about it, but nervous all at the same time!
Thursday...hopefully Owen will nap a fair amount so I can relax a little and maybe get some of his scrapbook done.
Friday...Sue the child development lady from the Health Unit is here in the morning, which is alot of fun. We get down on the floor and play with Owen, go through his development phases, talk about challenges in parenting and selfcare associated with the postpartum depression.
BUSY week ahead, and I'm not sure that I'm ready for it!
No comments:
Post a Comment