Saturday, October 30, 2010

Do You Tweet?

Let's talk Twitter for a second...

C has a Twitter account. It's part of his new marketing strategy for his work and he tweeted tonight that we were off to a pumpkin fundraiser for our local food bank. Then, when we were leaving...he took a picture on his phone of the pumpkins and tweeted that it was a great event for a great cause.

It got me thinking...do any of you moms have Twitter accounts? Do you Tweet?

I could clearly follow Paula Deen (does she have Twitter?), Brooke Burke (momma extraordinaire), Giada (C would love that), Bakerella and other cake designers like Duff Goldman, Sweet Ashley...

I could clearly tweet about cakes and cupcakes that I'm working on...

I could clearly tweet and post twitpics of things that we're up to...

Do you Tweet?

4 comments:

SSG said...

Nope, I will never Tweet. I think it is the most annoying thing on the face of the earth (sorry C!!!). It seems a bit voyeuristic to me, and I think its ridiculous that people want to know every little thing that I am doing.
Thats just my opinion, my DH does Twitter too, but its just not my thing!

Shan said...

hmmm...I don't get it's purpose really...but it's such a huge online media tool.

I dunno...the verdict is pending on this one

Sara said...

I think there is such a thing at too much information. A few facebook status updates a day are really all I want to put out there to people I've accepted as friends. I don't want the 'clutter' in my life of following people I don't know and otherwise wouldn't think of regularly. I'm also the person who has a very basic cell phone that is for emergencies and believes that unless it's my kids' school I don't need to be reached 24/7. Phone calls go unanswered during dinner (which we sit down together for every night w/ the t.v. off) and during bath/bedtime. Each to his or her own though.

Shan said...

it definitely would be more for baking-promotion purposes as opposed to personal "life" stuff.