We've received a tonne of advice over the past week about how to deal with an early teether.
Co-sleep
Tylenol before bed
Wet washcloths frozen in the freezer
Hylands Teething Tablets (recently recalled by the FDA)
Cool bottles
Teething rings and toys
Well...I'm happy to say, we have a few things that work! Last night, Owen was in bed by 10:30 and he slept solid until 5:15am!
What worked??
A combination of Tylenol about 1hr before bedtime (which we don't want to get dependant on...I'd rather stay away from OTC drugs), a big 'ol 8oz bottle, and one dose of....
Ah-mazing! I heard about them from a mommy friend and and old roommate...and seriously...fabulous! It's an all natural remedy, which I love personally, and is chamomile based. They come in ready to use doses, and you squirt it in their little mouth...ensuring the drink it all.
LOVE this!
What helps during the day?
These are fantastic! They have a handle for the bambino to hold, which encourages self-soothing, and has a tonne of textures...so he can chew on any part of it!
Linking rings! He shews on these things like they're going out of style...and talks the whole time, like today at the mall when he was showing off for anyone who would stop to say hello. They are hard, which apparently he likes for the counter pressure, and he can throw them around...and hello...what little boy doesn't like to throw things!?
So...to all of you who haven't experienced teething yet...oh it's not fun. But, as with all other firsts you'll find your own way and your kiddo will lead you to what works for them.
In the meantime, I highly recommend the Camilia! You can get it at any health food store, and even some grocery stores!
HUGE thanks to the two moms who pointed us in that direction!



2 comments:
Do they sell Camilia in the U.S.??
Also, I have no idea if these are even worth it, but have you seen the Razberry teethers? Its like a paci, but its all nubby so they can chew on it.
http://www.amazon.com/Razbaby-009-RT-RaZ-berry-Teether-Red/dp/B000JWSO9I
yes!!! ive seen them but wonder if theyre worth that $7 here
i'd check online, maybe amazon, for the camilia??
Post a Comment