Monday, December 13, 2010

Snowmageddon

Bear with me...I'm doing this one-handed while Owen sleeps on me.

Over the past week, we have had approximately 140cm (56") of snow...

I'm not kidding. Would I kid about something so terrible?? No.

What have we discovered this week?

1) Our road seems to be the last one plowed and is a disaster because of all of the construction vehicles tearing up the road, Our Elantra is not made for off roading.

2) Mommy has super human strength when shovelling the driveway

3) Daddy hates winter but makes a mean cup o' cocoa with peppermint schnapps

4) Our beautiful Quinny Buzz stroller is not made for Canadian winters

5) Boston Pizza delivery is the best thing ever


We've actually had to go and get a new stroller. I spent an entire week looking at all-terrain strollers...comparing brands...looking on kijiji for deals.

The best deal? Babies r' us....Baby Trend Velocity jogging stroller...originally $249, on sale for $149.

Merry Christmas, Owen! You get not toys and fun things, but a fancy stroller under the tree.

I wish when we'd been looking at things like strollers and car seats, that I'd taken more time to consider the practicality of our selections. I wish I'd thought about 140cm of snow over the course of five days and how Quinny's small, smooth wheels just will not do. I wish I'd thought about something that we can use all year round, rather than going for the cool turquoise, sleek and chic contraption,

Oh well...hindsight is 20/20 or, in our case, $149

2 comments:

SSG said...

We're looking for a jogging stroller too, and we are looking at that one or the Jeep one that is at our BRU. We can't quite make up our minds, I think we are going to wait until the new year. Car companies release new models then, maybe the stroller companies will follow suit?

Shan said...

i emailed you some thoughts on the strollers!