Monday, January 31, 2011

Life With Baby

I know what you're thinking...

Shan...that's every day

Yes, yes! It is!

But, did you know that it's also an amazing Pre/PostNatal Wellness Centre in downtown London, Ontario?

Actually, it's where I went to be treated and to work through my Postpartum Depression. I have met some really amazingly wonderful people there, namely the woman who owns the fantastic space, Jodi.

Jodi and I connected almost immediately, and I appreciated how real she was. I didn't hide from my PPD, I owned it and wouldn't let it define me. And she helped me, every step of the way.

Now is my turn to help her, and I couldn't be more thrilled!

Officially, I am the newest member of the Life with Baby team! I'll be taking care of administrative duties...emailing clients, sending cards of congratulations and sympathies, researching unique and interesting products for the (soon-to-be) retail space, publishing the biweekly e-newsletter...and anything else that we can come up with that lightens Jodi's load and allows her to de-stress and focus on her practise.

I am so incredibly excited about this opportunity, and do you want to know the best part?

For the majority of it, I can do from home!

That's right! I can hop online when Owen is having his morning/afternoon nap, respond to emails and register clients for classes, book appointments etc. and still tend to Owen when he wakes up! Ah-mazing!

I am so in love with my new life as a Mom...and MOMpreneur!

4 comments:

SSG said...

Wow!!!! That is awesome! Congrats Mama, good for you!

Shan said...

thanks Shizz!

Sara said...

It sounds like a really wonderful place. I'd love to be a childbirth educator like my mom was when I was young. Is this a paid gig?

Shan said...

Sara - yes! It's a paid position!