Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Do You Hear What I Hear?

A new playlist!

While I absolutely adore that I have to sing All My Loving to Owen multiple times a day...and nothing ill every beat dancing around with him and watching him giggle to Under the Sea...

We needed something fresh.

Tonight, I was driving to my hometown for a Girly Night Out with Momma T, Godmomma, Auntie Bobo, Miss O, Mister A, and Auntie Bobo's bff, Tat, I got thinking about the songs that remind me of my Monster.

Things over the past 8 mnoths have been insane.

INSANE!

I mean...they were hard. Very incredibly ridiculously hard. Harder than I ever imagined becoming a mom would be.

I look back on it, the struggles with breastfeeding, the lack of support, the guilt, the post-partum depression and I cannot believe that I made it through without being committed to a padded room.

Then there are little moments, when I'm rocking Owen in my Mom's rocking chair, eyes closed and nodding off to dreamland...and I'll look down, see him smile with his eyes closed and snuggle in nice and close.

I wouldn't trade it, even the rocky start, for anything in the world.

So...the new playlist is for Owen. Because...well....I love him. With absolutely everything that I am, I love that Monster.

*hands you all a tissue*

No comments: