
Symptoms:
- mid to lower back pain...dull aching always there pain
Cause:
A 25(ish)lbs Monster, a lowered crib mattress and a babe who likes nothing more than to rolls around with his Mom and Dad on the floor
The Remedy:
Massage. Therapy.
Hot. Yoga.
Oh my word my back is so incredibly sore. It probably doesn't help that I lug Owen around multiple times a day, that we use his crib as our changing station and have moved the mattress down a notch, train with my trainer twice a week, and am hunched over our coffee table cutting, gluing and layering paper for days on end.
Mommy's Back Hurt.
6 comments:
I know you aren't asking for comments on this, but hey...I am going to give it anyway! ha ha.
I had this exact same problem for forever!!!!! I tried everything, nothing seemed to work. So, I decided to try the very last thing I could think of: A Chiropractor. I am in LOVE!!!! I went 3 times, and after the first time I felt better. I am back to excercising and being able to play with my baby on the floor.
I figured "What is the worst that can happen" and it is the best thing that I have ever done!!!!!
Good Luck.
thanks for the recommendation!! I'm terrified that I'm really screwing up my back by not getting it treated...
eek! good luckkkkk!
btw LOVING the new look:)
I too swear by a chiropractor! I used to go a few years back when I had some back pain and it was fantastic! Now after having Forrest I am in agony again and it's only been 2 months! Now its all in my neck and upper back and I attribute it to all the looking down and staring lovingly at him as he is in my arms...yeah sounds magical but now I am in agony!! I just booked an appointment with the chiro and am praying it does the trick yet again!! I hope you get yours taken care of! Massage therepy is awesome too! I think I'll take a piece of advice from you and look into a yoga class around my neck of the woods!!! (BTW- I see you are Canadian, I am also a Canuck...from the East Coast) =)
I did some research on chiropractors when I was having headaches 2 years ago and, to be honest, the idea terrifies me. Mrs. Dully asked "What's the worst that could happen?". The answer is that the chiropractic adjustments of the neck have been associated with a very low risk of causing a stroke. Even a very low risk is still high enough for me to seek alternative methods of treatments. I just don't like the idea of someone manipulating my neck & spine. Just a word of advice, if you do go to a chiropractor, be leary of any who say you'll need to come for a long period of time. Those are the ones who are in it for the money and not to treat you & get you back to your normal life.
I'd start changing Owen on the floor instead of leaning into his crib and I'd also suggest that you start stretching daily. I highly recommend massage too but you'll likely need to go weekly at first to see a benefit (and I'm not talking about the relaxation kind). A good RMT will put you on a treatment plan and hopefully you can reduce the frequency as you improve & take better care of your back at home. Good luck, I've had back issues before and it affects your whole life.
If you need the name of a chiro that doesn't believe in "cracking" the bones but rather uses more of a physio approach let me know. Our chiro is great and is also a naturopath.
Post a Comment