I originally was going to post pictures of the custom orders I've been working on and give a coupon code for Etsy for followers who might want to order something for their kiddo's 1st bday party, but that all seems very trivial compared to what is going on in the world right now.
A massive Tsunami hit and wiped out Japan and Hawaii.
Right now, that Tsunami is headed toward Vancouver Island...which happens to be where a large part of my heart lives.
It's where my Fairy GodMother lives, and where we scattered my Dad's ashes nearly 5 years ago. I like to think that his spirit lives on there, on MacKenzie Beach and I'd really love to take Owen there. Plus, I've always had a very special connection to my Fairy GodMother and I would...well...I don't want to even fathom something bad happening to her. She's almost...a spiritual extension of my Dad. I can't lose that.
So today, I just ask that you pray. Pray for the people of Japan who have lost their lives, their homes...their everything. Pray for the people of the Pacific Rim that will be impacted by this devastating Tsunami, or have already been impacted by it. Pray for our friends and family that will certainly be impacted in some way from this.
4 comments:
I will tell you that fortunately for the people of Hawaii (my sister lives and was evacuated in Kauai)that tsunami did very minimal damage (and they were evacuated very early!)...Japan is heartbreaking right now...
Prayers are with you!!!
Yes, I have heard from my family and they are fine.
My heart goes out to everyone in Japan - a coworker of C's, his brother in law is there, where it hit and is stranded in his apartment...unfortunately with wreckage and bodies floating by his window...there's no way out.
During the last tsunami I was glued to the t.v. coverage and one evening I saw a clip of a woman sobbing and holding the lifeless body of her son, who looked to be exactly Andrew's age at the time. I could feel her grief and that image has stuck with me until today. It made me realize that every single one of the over 230 000 lives lost was loved as deeply by someone as I loved Andrew. It was almost to overwhelming to process. I think "There, but for the grace of God, go I" and get down on my knees and pray for the survivors.
Post a Comment