Thursday, April 14, 2011

Owen's 1st Birthday...Photoshoot Ideas




Hey everyone!


So sorry that I've been completely MIA lately. I have a great excuse, and have been stupid busy with Sweet Stella's. More on that in another post.

Today...I need some help deciding on props and ideas for our photoshoot with the glorious Rosina from Free Spirit Photography, for Owen's 1st Birthday!

The plan is to go on a picnic in the park...which park, I don't know which one. There is a little playground that is newly built around the corner from our house, right near the woods where we had our maternity pictures done. So my heart strings tug there.

Then there's Storybook Gardens...and they have a carousel...and a train! How fun would that be!!?? It's also along the river, so we could get some fun shots of feeding the ducks and stuff like that.

Now...onto the important things. Props and clothing.

For clothing, I took some super cute inspiration from Mrs.Jenni's recent shoot with Carter and Brynn.



This is what Owen will be wearing, with some distressed jeans and probably his navy deck shoes. SUPER cute! LOVE it!! It's from Bella Crawlers, of course...on Etsy!


And because he's my Monster...his curly-q's will be hanging out the bottom of this...




C has requested a tie to match Mr. O, and likely Dad and kiddo will both be dressed in white shirts and jeans.

Me...I have no flipping clue what to wear! I'm leaning toward a flowy skirt (I have a lovely yellow linen one that I think I likely will wear) and fitted white top to match the boys...but suggestions are welcome!


I'm really digging this top though...so maybe this with skinny jeans and some cute ballet flats?

Ooooh...maybe with a super cute blue rosette headband from my pal over at Nikki, In Stitches!



In terms of props...this is where I need some serious help from you Mamas and photographers. My initial thought was a kite, and of course the picnic set up, quilt, etc. Well...C's ixnayed the kite idea, so I need some suggestions!!


Leave me some love in the comments!

2 comments:

Tracy Eyles said...

I think pics of Owen feeding the ducks is a cute idea. They also have a petting zoo in Storybook which would make cute pics too! Good luck! Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Shan said...

I'm actually going to avoid going into actual Storybook because of the cost! hahaha
The carosel is outside, so is the train and we can take a walk down by the bridge etc.
That's where I'm leaning!