Thursday, June 2, 2011

2 Weeks Today

Owen is going to be 1 year old in two weeks today.

WOW!

I got an email from What To Expect the other day...all about what to pack in your diaper bag and advising to have it ready and in the car for that all important trip to the hospital.

While part of my thought "Uhm...pretty sure I already did that, and I have the scars to prove it!" another part of me thought "Holy moly, that really was a year ago!"

So much has changed, even within the past couple of weeks! Owen is standing all. of. the. time. now, and wants nothing more than to make music. Yes yes, he's my little musician! Yesterday, we were in Stratford with my playgroup and we went to Family and Company, a fantastic toy store with a tonne of unique goodies. All 5 of the kids were sleeping on our walk there, but as soon as we walked into the store, they all sprang to life.

I showed Owen this crazy wrist band thing, that had 4 jingle bells on it. BIG MISTAKE! I couldn't get them away from him! He was SO incredibly happy, shaking his bells and making...music!

So...I decided to do what every one of you parents are probably going to think "She is certifiably INSANE!" for. I bought him a drum.

He's just like his grandpa. He LOVES music, loves to dance and loves to sing. Definitely Mama's boy in all of those categories, so I wanted to get him his first musical instrument for his very first birthday.

Poppa would be proud.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Isn't it crazy how fast time has gone?! I was putting stamps on Quinny's birthday invitations today and I had to stop because I couldn't believe I was about to mail them out!

Shan said...

awh!!! I bet she's going to have THE most adorable party!

Tracy Eyles said...

Tell me about it. Time really does go by too fast. We just finished redoing Ethan's room and registering him for school. It was pretty emotional. I'm just glad that the next one is just around the corner...I miss having a baby around. My other two really aren't babies anymore;( FYI we are planning to come on June 18th but might be a little late because Autumn's best friends' birthday party is the same day and doesn't actually end until 1.