Christine Chrissie Cameron-Boshart Obituary: View Christine Cameron-Boshart's Obituary by Toronto Star
Today, I've been feeling angry. Why do amazing people like my dear friend Chrissie get taken from this world so soon?
I met Chrissie through Delta Gamma at Wilfrid Laurier University. Never in a million years did I ever think that I would be a sorority girl...but there I was...rushing.
Chrissie met us with open arms, and the biggest and brightest smile I have ever seen. She was wonderful as a sister - a true embodiment of our Do Good motto, and I didn't fully appreciate how amazing she was while I was in university.
That appreciation came years later, when over a few facebook messages back and forth about General Hospital (yes seriously...the show. Sam and Jason finally got engaged!! Squee!! And I totally called it that Brenda would leave Sonny and somehow wind up back with Jax!)
Most recently, Chrissie helped me (though I'm sure she didn't even realize that she was) with my Post Partum Depression. When I was having low days and would logon facebook or twitter, she was there with an encouraging word, and I wouldn't even need to say anything. She just knew that I needed it. She would send me the most amazing messages, filled with so much hope, and love. She truly believed in me, and i will be forever thankful for that.
Words cannot express how much I will miss our daily tweets and messages. It's so weird now that it's all stopped.
I had last chatter with her on Tuesday, just one day before she underwent the spinal surgery that was supposed to fix everything....once and for all.
I had just sent her a journal that I had painted for her...with a note to say Thank you for believing in me. Instead of writing about her recovery, which she was so looking forward to, her friends and family will be writing messages to her in it. The journal will be given to Chrissie, and will go with her on the rest of her journey.
Losing a friend sucks
3 comments:
:( I'm so sorry!!!
Sounds like an amazing woman. I am so sorry for your loss.
I'm so sorry for your loss, Shan. You have so many angels looking over you in heaven <3
Post a Comment