My friend Libby over at Elf: A Family Blog made a bloghop for New Years Resolutions, and since I haven't written mine yet, I figured that it was about time to sit down ad get back to blogging about our family.
1. Read more. I know that I had that as a goal from last year, but I want to carry it over to this year. C got me a Kobo Touch for Christmas, and I've already polished off one book (no including the other two that I finished between Dec19th and Dec25th...woot!) and am on a second. I have 30 someodd books queued up on it right now, and I want to be able to read them all this year. If I don't, I won't be heart broken...but it'd be nice to know I'm enriching my mind that much.
2. Find a church. This is a biggie. Over the past 6 years (since my Dad passed away) I've been having massive issues with mortality. Questions of "is this it?" plague me regularly, to the point of getting all worked up and having panic attacks. Like...can't breathe, can't stop crying, feel like passing out...panic attacks. I had one about a week and a half ago (part of the reason why I haven't blogged anything about our vacation) and it was a doozie. I know in my heart what the answer is, and how to get to better understanding of that answer...for me, it's finding a church that I feel comfortable in in the city that we live in.
3. Enroll in the Alpha program. This is a biggie as well, and goes hand in hand with #2. Given that my questions are largely centered around what is, what will be and who is...enrolling into the 7 week Alpha program is going to be a huge step in figuring this all out. I have found two churches back home that I think fit the bill for what I'm looking for, and thankfully they both offer the Alpha course.
4. Do more outside social activities with Owen. This is super important. We've noticed over the past few weeks that Owen's a bit timid with other kids, especially when they're in large groups. He so badly wants to play and engage, but he sort of stands there and just stares at them..then gets excited, and tries to engage when it's too late. So far, we have him enrolled in a Tuesday afternoon Storytime program at the library and a Tuesday evening program at The Little Gym. Once those sessions are done, we'll have to revisit what it seems like he wants to do since he's starting to develop his own little personality and favourite things to do.
So...there you have it! That's about it, but they're pretty big goals for this year! Do you have any?
2 comments:
These are great goals! Good luck with the church thing. Finding one that you feel comfortable with makes a world of difference.
I have two good prospects that I'm going to try out when we get home from Florida...I'm really excited about it!
Post a Comment