Today marks 5 weeks...which means that our baby is now approximately 3 weeks old and very much looks like a little tadpole.
It sort of makes me giggle - I have a tiny little tadpole connected to me through a very tiny umbilical cord.
It's so surreal.Do I feel like a mom yet? To be honest, not really. I know the tests were positive, and very positive at that, and I know that I have the symptoms to prove that I'm pregnant... but it's just so strange to me. My heart was beating like mad last night and I all of a sudden realized that it is beating so hard because it's busily pumping blood down to the baby and placenta. How amazing is that?!
I guess it's strange because I sort of was feeling defeated after the two 52/53 day cycles. I was feeling like there was something wrong with me, or Daddy, and that we just weren't meant to have a baby.
But now...it's real. There is a baby in there and we are going to be parents.
1 comment:
So happy for you!! 5 weeks into a wonderful journey!
Post a Comment