Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The First Ultrasound Is Booked

and holy momma is it going to be a long wait! We are going to have to wait for the dating prenatal ultrasound until November 9th. At that point I will be somewhere between 9 weeks (based on ovulation) and 10 weeks (based on the due date given yesterday at the doctor's).

On the bright side, by that point we should be able to see, if not hear, a heart beat! It's very exciting! At 10 weeks Bug will be swallowing and will start kicking, and more minute details will be more apparent. Bug will start to sprout peach-fuzz hair and fingernails and will have fully developed its major organs.

How amazing is that? To go from 6 weeks right now, about the size of a pea, with tiny little arm buds and leg buds just starting to form to 10 weeks about the size of a prune!

Facial features start to form this week as well, which will eventually look like either C or I. About mid-way through this week (which will be tomorrow) Bug will start moving and their tiny little heart is beating at about 150 beats per minute - twice the rate of my own, which seems to be racing all of the time these days.

I hope you can hear me through your tiny ear canals, Bug - Momma loves you!

2 comments:

Bandia12 said...

Oh Shan I am so overjoyed for you. That last statement made me tear up. Congrats momma!

Shan said...

thanks!!