Wow - November looks like the month of doctor's appointments and ultrasounds!
On November 9th, in the morning, we go for our internal physical to make sure that everything is the size that it should be and make sure that there are no infections. Then, in the afternoon, we go for our dating ultrasound! C and I are both very excited about that, because we will be about 9/10 weeks along and should be able to see Bug fairly clearly, and possibly see (if not hear) a heart beat!
Then on November 24th, we go for another ultrasound for the first round of our IPS (Integrated Prenatal Screening) tests. This basically measures Bug's development via ultrasound and a blood test, and then somewhere between weeks 15-20 they do both tests again. The two tests are then compared, and the doctors can determine if there is a risk for developmental issues such as Down Syndrome and Spina Bifida. Thank goodness I've been taking my folic acid supplements since March!
Right now, I'm in a battle against "morning" sickness. I put the parenthesis there because for me...it's an "all day" sickness. After reading What To Expect last night, I took note that poultry greatly impacts the nausea, as does stress, tiredness and drinking fluids with your meal (that sloshy feeling isn't for the weak-stomached!) I'm off to the doctors this evening since I haven't been able to keep anything down since mid-night, and they're a wee bit concerned that it might not be just "morning" sickness.
In terms of Bug's development, they are currently about the size of a blueberry! That is a tonne bigger than the little poppy seed that we started out with just a few weeks ago, and almost twice the size from the sweet pea from last week. Their brain is growing at a crazy fast rate - about 100 cells per minute! Kidney's will be permanently in place this week, and arms and legs will begin to extend as joints are formed. No more little tadpole here - Bug's looking very much like a big brained tiny little person!
No comments:
Post a Comment