Well....we broke the news to our family last night just before dinner.
It was really cute - when everyone sat down I told them to untie the purple ribbon as every pumpkin had a different blessing written on it. C's brother was the first to untie his, and C's Mom immediately said "Okay Bry, what does yours say??" Thankfully, he said that he would let everyone open theirs first and then everyone could share.
My Mom opened hers and started crying...said "Oh you Brat!" and hugged me over and over. She was very excited and just kept saying all night how happy she is and that she's going to be a Grandma.
It was really special to have C's Grandma there, and she pulled me aside for a tender hug and some very kind words. She thanked me for bringing some happiness into her life, and explained that she's sad alot of the time because she recently lost her husband to cancer. My heart just about broke for her and I told her that it was really amazing to have her there when we told our families. She is such a sweet, sweet lady!
My Mom gave us some really great news last night as well - my God Mom is coming to visit from British Columbia this Thursday for 10 days! C and I talked about it once we got home last night, and I'm going to share our news with her when she's back. She was my Dad's best friend...so telling her is like sharing the news with my Dad. She has always been very important to me, so I am very happy to be able to sit down with her and tell her our news!
Since it's still early, we had to caution everyone and tell them that part of the reason we chose to tell them so soon was that if something were to go wrong (knock on wood) we would want their support to get through it. I think everyone understood, and everyone was really happy with our news!
No comments:
Post a Comment