Monday, November 23, 2009

Christmas Cheer

This weekend was an absolute blast - full of good friends, great food, and the Santa Claus parade back home.

It was such a joy to be able to share our news with someone very important to me - Bug's GodMama's son. He's been a big part of my life since he was born, and I definitely consider him family.

I told him that I had a secret to tell him, so he came very close so I could whisper in his ear "We're having a baby." His eyes got really big and bright, and then he started screaming. He jumped up, and was running circles around the living room and kitchen, yelling "They're having a baby!!" Now, that's what I call a positive reaction!

Then we met up with our friends T, R and their cute-as-a-button daughter O for dinner. After dinner, we were off to the Santa Claus parade and, much to my delight, GodMama's parents joined us! Her parents have always been Momma Jo and Dad to me, so being able to see them was absolutely fantastic! Telling them that they're going to be GrandParents again was a great feeling and they are both very excited.

It feels really good to tell our family and friends, co-workers and anyone else willing to listen about our happy news. We feel truly blessed, and can't wait for things to develop.

Onto week 12, which means that by mid-week Bug will be about the size of a large plum. It will develop reflexes this week - which will be important for it's future as a goalie or drummer like their Poppa. Bug's face looks undeniably human now, and will start responding to Mommy and Daddy's voice and touch this week!

No comments: