It's still rather difficult to believe, but by the end of this week Bug will be big enough to hold in the palm of your hand - about the size of a lime.
To put that into perspective, when we found out on October 4th that we were in fact pregnancy, the baby at that point was no larger than a poppy seed. From a poppy seed to a lime, in just 6 short weeks...wow.
I have definitely entered that "I feel fat" phase. I keep looking in the mirror in the morning, trying to see if there have been changes and if my bump is starting to show, but I just keep thinking "Wow, I just look fat!" There are some rather defined stretch marks across my abdomen, which I will wear with pride, but other than that...I just look...thicker.
On the other hand, when I try to suck my stomach in, it definitely doesn't go anywhere. My abdomen has always been a bit...."ponchy" but now it's getting tight and hard which makes me wonder if my uterus is making it's way past my pelvic done at this point.
All of these changes are so new, and happening so fast - it's a little overwhelming. But, I can't turn back now. Each new step is getting us closer and closer to meeting this little one, and welcoming them into our family with open arms, and very big hearts. Only 6 months to go!
No comments:
Post a Comment