Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Feelin' Allright

I woke up with a little Joe Cocker in my head (Thanks, Dad!) this morning. I haven't thrown up since 5:30pm on Monday, and that makes me sigh one big sigh of relief! I was actually able to keep food down yesterday, which is a pretty big feat for me right now.

C has been amazingly supportive throughout all of this. Last night he did the laundry, dishwasher, cleaned the kitchen, our bedroom, kitty litter box - it was great! He made sure that I had lots of Gatorade to drink when I was feeling dizzy, and had me put my feet up - such a good Daddy! I paid him back by making his dinner, and was actually able to keep down a piece of bread with a slice of cheese, broiled in the oven (so very exciting, I know...)

He's even sacrificed beer for the next few weeks. My sense of smell right now is absolutely crazy, and the smell of beer just makes me want to throw up. So for now, he's sticking with wine...though depending on the grape/tannins, my nose is reacting the same way.

I had a really nice call last night from C's Grandma, who just wanted to check in and see how things were going and how I was feeling. I love talking to her, she's just such a sweet lady with a real, genuine concern for other people. People like her are hard to find these days, so I will keep her close to my heart.

We're almost done 10 full weeks now, which means that Bug has fully developed ears, fingerprints are clearly evident on their finger tips and there is a clear outline of the spinal cord. The really amazing development this week is happening today - the genitals are being formed and Bug is busily swallowing and kicking around.

Go little Bug, go!

No comments: